The team represent your company/organisation comprises of 7 members:
- 6 team members who will compete in the Adventure Race.
- 1 Team Enabler (coordinating management task, logistics, team support and adventure race substitute *)
Following consultation with teams from 2014, the rules have been changed to allow rolling substitution. Therefore teams can choose their best 6 for a specific stage. (Rules will be published on specifics of substitution in due course)
We encourage teams to have at least one female member in their team.
We expect all team members to compete fairly, conduct themselves professionally and within the spirit of the defined event values.
1 Team roles and responsibilities
- Team Captain – from an event administration perspective the captain is the coordinator of the team before, during and after the event. Team issues and communication with Race Director during the event should be channeled through Team captain
- Team Enabler – the role involves coordinating management task, logistics, team support and substitute. The role can be fulfilled by a number of team members due to rolling substitutions.
2 Who does what?
- Adventure race – 6 adventure race team members – no substitution during stages.
- Management task – all 7 team members to be involved, coordinated by the Team Enabler
- Charity fundraising – all 7 team members.
3 Substitution (*)
Teams can choose their best and most appropriate 6 for a specific stage. No substitution is allowed during stages unless Race Director provides specific authorization. (Rules will be published on specifics of substitution in due course)