The event experience
“We don’t believe it’s a coincidence that many of the employees who took part in the Dell EMC Management Challenge have accelerated their career at OS, many of them gaining promotion into senior roles. We see the Dell EMC Management Challenge as an important element of our leadership development offering.” – Senior Manager, Ordnance Survey
As the three day Challenge progresses, the teams and their respective members/ participants:
- Respond to the physical and intellectual pressure placed upon them,
- Become very bonded, generally evolving/ developing into cohesive teams,
- Learn, develop and demonstrate their respective leadership and communication skills.
- Experience the camaraderie building within teams but also between teams which is part of the attraction and uniqueness of this event.
- The respective teams, are afforded the opportunity to “measure up” against leading companies and their respective competitors.
- Individual and corporate CSR obligations are fulfilled by raising invaluable funds in the Charity Fundraising Challenge but arguably the partner charities significantly benefit with invaluable strategic input from the participating teams as a result of the Management Task
From past experience the competitive learning experience positively translates into the returning workplace: