Once registered, your account manager can support if you have any questions about the items it will be necessary to bring to the event. We’ll remind all teams in the lead up to the event to ensure nothing is forgotten!
1. Compulsory individual equipment list
This MUST be carried at all times by each team member and will be checked before your team departs.
There will also be random spot checks:
● Waterproof Jacket
● Waterproof Trousers
● Upper body Long Sleeve base layer or Thermal (warm) top
● Footwear with adequate grip for slippery off-road conditions (see point 4)
● Warm Hat
● Timing chip (attached to wrist) issued at registration
● 2x Water Bottle 500ml minimum – one is for you to carry and one is for your enabler to refill
● Appropriate food for the 2-day race
Water will be available at feed/water stations and at the Event Hub. In addition, supplementary snacks will be
provided at both feed stations indicated on the map and the Event Hub. Teams need to plan and cater for
members nutritional needs during the race. In an effort to reduce plastic waste produced by plastic bottles
enablers are tasked with refilling spare 500ml bottles between stages.
(*) IN ADDITION – Personal Protective Equipment
A Cycle stages – For the cycle stages team members who are riding a bike MUST wear a suitable
cycling helmet at ALL TIMES. (a helmet is included within your hire package)
B Canoe stage – for the canoe stages the provided helmet and buoyancy aid MUST be worn as
directed at ALL TIMES when team members are in the craft / on the water.
Any team member found to be in breach of this important safety rule will forfeit the stage and will be given
time penalty (see Rules)
2. Compulsory team kit list
This MUST be carried at all times by each team and will be checked before your team departs. There will
also be random spot checks.
● Compass (which can take a bearing)
● First aid kit to include as a minimum: blister plasters, sterile dressing, triangular bandage, wound
● Survival bag (not foil blanket)
● Mobile phone (No guaranteed signal in parts of Brecon Beacons, Race Marshalls and Mountain
Rescue will be equipped with Radio Comms)
● Map and instructions (provided)
● Puncture repair kit and pump (for bike stages – This will be included in your bike hire)
● Thermal and or fleece top (in addition to compulsory long sleeve top)
● GPS tracker issued at registration
● One laptop per team will be required to fulfil the Management Task Case Study. Please plan
ahead to ensure that you are able to email your submission by 7:30pm on Saturday 11th June. The
case study should be submitted in a word document format and emailed to
[email protected]. Time is also allocated on Friday afternoon to work on the case
3. Timing Equipment
All team members will be chip-timed and enablers will be able to follow the progress of team
members using the event app. Advice on the app and links to download will be provided to team
captains closer to the event day. One GPS tracker will also be carried by each team for exact location
data in the case of an emergency. 7 chips will be issued to team members at the start of the event.
Only registered participants on that particular day will be allowed to use these timing chips.
4. Advisory Kit
● Cycling shorts – unless you are a regular cyclist, we would suggest that you consider padded shorts
● Glasses for cycling to prevent mud and dirt from flicking up into eyes
● Cycling gloves for grip and protection
● Small backpack/Camelpak ideally with room for a water reservoir to carry on your back.
● Sunhat and Sunblock – weather dependent!
5. Footwear and clothing for all participants
● Suitable footwear. The terrain will be a mix of tarmac, forest trail, and mountain tracks – trail running
shoes or strong running shoes with good grip recommended
● You may want to consider a change of shoes for the canoe stage as your feet will get wet. You will
need shoes with closed toe for the canoeing (no sandals or flip flops)
● Quick drying clothing with layers (e.g. base layers) to adapt to the changeable conditions (no jeans or
● NB – Sufficient and suitable clothing is required for 2 days. This is important to your enjoyment and
safety. Competitors on previous events have found it difficult to stay warm in lightweight running
There will be a kit check at the start line on both days and teams will not be allowed
to start unless the items above are checked.
ALSO there will be kit checks at transition start lines during both days, especially if
there is a change in weather conditions. If individuals and teams do not possess the
aforementioned equipment they will be withdrawn from that particular stage for their