DellEMC Management Challenge
The Dell EMC Management Challenge is a unique 4 dimensional competitive event aimed at optimising management team performance and delivering positive charitable outcomes. A team, comprising of 6 plus 1 ‘Team Enabler’, participate in:
- A 2 day Adventure Race (canoeing, mountain biking, running, hiking)
- Management development, including our 2019 keynote speaker the Gold Medal Olympian and Captain of Team GB Hockey Alex Danson MBE
- Senior level Networking opportunities and forums
- Charity development and fundraising activities
The 2019 event theme is #MentalHealth. Team members will get to understand the principles and benefits of #MentalHealth in work and sporting context. They will be able to then apply their learning in the team Adventure Race and Management Task to benefit themselves, their organisations and beneficiary charities.
Alex Danson MBE is one of the finest hockey players Britain has ever produced and one of the best players in the World today. At Rio 2016 Alex was a member of the GB women’s hockey team that made history by winning a Gold medal, the first time a GB women’s hockey team had ever become Olympic Champions.
Alex has been shortlisted for the FIH World Player of the Year 4 times (including 2017), was Player of the Tournament at the 2015 European Championships, and was top scorer at both the London 2012 and Rio 2016 Olympic Games. In 2017 she was made captain of GB and England. Read more.
In consultation with our stakeholders we have introduced new developments for the 2019 event, to include:
- An exhilarating two day Team Adventure Race, incorporating new routes and formats
- Competitive management task which will ‘crowd source’ real solutions into Action for Children, our partner charity.
- Keynote speaker will be Alex Danson MBE who iss one of the finest hockey players Britain has ever produced and one of the best players in the World today. Alex , who is also Captain of GB Hockey as well as England, will provide an fascinating insight into sport and importance of #MentalHealth in the sporting and working context.
- Excellent senior level networking opportunities
- The charity Action for Children to significantly benefit for the event held over 3 days in Brecon, Wales
The 2019 Dell EMC Management Challenge has been expanded to accommodate up to 35 competing teams from leading Global and UK corporates.